In the era of growing technology, it becomes extremely important to secure your device from existing and emerging online threats. Using an antivirus will help you in keeping your device safe. Among all the available antiviruses, McAfee antivirus is one of the most powerful software. Its advanced level security can provide your device complete protection. Although, for giving your device the ultimate protection, you need to keep your antivirus up-to-date. McAfee update is crucial for securing your device and data from various online threats.
Automatic McAfee Update
For updating, different software needs different processes. But the user-friendly interface of McAfee allows automatic updating of your software. All the McAfee products have an Automatic Update feature. It checks every day, whether Virus Signature Update or Software Update is available or not. If any of these updates are available then, the software itself downloads the McAfee update. This helps in keeping your McAfee product updated all the time.
In order to keep your software up-to-date, you must make sure that your Automatic McAfee Update is turned on. In case your automatic update is turned off, then follow the given process to turn it on.
- Firstly, open your McAfee software.
- In your McAfee home screen, locate and click “Setting” icon. You will get this option on the upper right corner of your screen.
- From the various settings options, select “Automatic Update”.
- Now, if automatic update option states “Turn On” then, click it.
- In case the button says Turn Off, then it means the feature is already on. Don’t click the option again as doing so will turn it off.
Hence, this is how you can use the Automatic McAfee Update feature for ultimate protection by your McAfee product.
Manual Updation Of McAfee Antivirus
In case your automatic update feature is not working or you want to manually check for the update. In any of the scenario, follow the below-given processes. These simple and easy steps will direct you in updating your McAfee software by yourself.
For manually updating McAfee Antivirus, there are two methods. You can either do it from McAfee icon from your desktop and from System tray as well. Both the methods checks for virus signature as well as a software update.
Method 1: McAfee Update from Desktop
- Firstly, double-click the McAfee icon from the desktop.
- Then, click the “PC Security” option from your McAfee antivirus welcome page.
- Thereafter, click “Update McAfee App”.
- In the next window, tap “Check For Updates”.
- After that, McAfee will start searching for the available update. Subsequently, without prior approval, it will update the virus signature and software, if required. Hence, wait for the whole process to get completed.
After successfully updating the software, you will get a popup message which let you know that you are up-to-date.
Method 2: McAfee Update from McAfee icon in System Tray
Another and widely used method of updating the software is by using McAfee from the system tray. the whole process is given below:
- Firstly, right-click the McAfee icon from the system tray. The system tray is a section near your PC’s clock. You will locate it in the bottom right corner of your screen.
In case, your McAfee icon is not visible, then click the triangle-shaped icon from the system tray. Now, from its expanded menu, right-click McAfee icon.
- From the list, select “Check For Updates” option.
- Subsequently, a window will appear. It will automatically start searching for your McAfee Update and if available, then it will update it without asking for it.
- Lastly, you will get a message notifying you about the completion of your McAfee update.
Following all these processes will keep your software up-to-date and will help you in gaining a safer and secure experience of using the internet.